3.21.2011

anxious anxious

This will be arriving in the mail for me sometime soon.
~
~
It was created by jeweler Julie Nolan, who also has more beautiful work in her shop.
~
Last night the Italian and I visited Amococo at the Mesa Arts Center. This exhibit was only constructed for a two week period display and resembled a giant bouncy castle from the outside, but a living, breathing organ from within. With the many different passages, and the colors of blue, red, and green in abundance, I felt I was traveling through a vein, waiting for the rush of blood to be pumped through. Accompanying the sculpture was soothing, hypnotic music. The only thing I felt lacking in the sounds gliding through the tunnels were whale calls.
~










image via Imnop blog



~
You can watch a video on it here.

No comments: